De-clutter, Pack, Unpack, Organize: A Clear Path Moves and Relocations
A Clear Path uses a proven 4-step formula to guarantee the best move ever. Since the physical part of moving is based on weight and volume, our team spends one day, or several, to de-clutter, sort, donate, or discard, unnecessary and unused items and artifacts. Packing and move coordination are part of the system. On the other end, the Team unpacks, and then organizes, the contents of home or office – clothes folded and hung, kitchen/common spaces organized, packing materials removed.
Here’s how it works:
- Do you need to de-clutter before you move? (most people do!)
- Shred company
- Electronics and technical move management
- Packing materials
- Measure interior spaces at new space (drawers, closets, etc.) for post-move organizing supplies
- All packing materials ordered and delivered day before packing begins
- Depending on size/scope of project anticipate 1-3 packing days with Silk Touch team
- Boxes labeled according to load-on to the truck and according to load-into the new space
Moving Day 1:
- Starts when Team leader meets movers at old space to ensure truck is packed according to unloading plan
- Team leader follows moving truck to new location
- Silk Touch team meets movers at new space within 2 hours of movers’ arrival (to give time to start unloading)
- Team begins unpacking
Unpack and Organize Days 3-4-5 (as needed):
- This is where the magic happens!
- Silk Touch team organizes your belongings into drawers, cupboards, kitchen area, closets, etc. using your supplies or supplies purchased during the Needs Assessment phases.
- Beds are made, linens put away, kitchen is organized, clothing is folded and hung, office is set-up... packing materials are gone.
- Like it never happened. Only now it is better!
We were introduced to Regina through our realtor when my parents suddenly fell ill and we had to move the stuff out of their home; they had lived there for 42 years and accumulated five bedrooms worth of furniture and just general stuff, and the task was daunting. Regina was communicative and honest every step of the way, and I coordinated with her and her administrative and operational manager, Mary, who was also communicative and fantastic. They were straightforward about the process, the price, and expectations. Their team was phenomenal – prompt, efficient, and they even came in under the estimate.
Our team leader was Kayla, who was nothing short of sensational. She was honest, very detail-oriented about stuff that I should review before getting rid of or donating, and suggestive of potential items that may hold resale value. I feel that the entire team was absolutely honest as they found some “buried treasures” and brought them immediately to my attention. I felt very comfortable not being on site during the majority of the process as Kayla would text me pictures of items or call me to discuss procedures for other property that she encountered at the home. These people work extremely hard and are dedicated and honest, and I could not have asked for a better organization for this process. Highly highly highly highly recommended.
— Evan L, Sherman Oaks
I just can't say enough great things about Regina and her team. I have high expectations from people I hire. I have a lot of experience with selecting and managing professional consultants and contractors as part of my job with a global company. Regina and her group rank in the top 1% as far as great skills and work ethic. Added bonus: They are just so much fun to work with! Decluttering is stressful. Moving is stressful.
A Clear Path takes a lot of the stress out of the process. They helped me with a massive and messy decluttering project, and then help me move twice. Don't hesitate to call them if you need help -- no matter how big the job is or how impossible it seems to you. They will solve the problem and you can get on with your life. They are nice people and non-judgmental -- they just roll up their sleeves and get it done.
— Martha R., Houston, TX