De-clutter, Pack, Unpack, Organize: A Clear Path Moves and Relocations
You’ve decided to make a change, or change has been thrust upon you. Working with the Silk Touch team will get you on track, and keep you on track from the beginning (starting with those junk drawers?) to the end (beds made, towels hung).
Silk Touch Moves and Relocations uses a proven 4-step formula to guarantee the best move ever. Since the physical part of moving is based on weight and volume, the Silk Touch team spends one day, or several, to de-clutter, sort, donate, or discard, unnecessary and unused items and artifacts. Packing and move coordination are part of the system. On the other end, the Team unpacks, and then organizes, the contents of home or office – clothes folded and hung, kitchen/common spaces organized, packing materials removed.
Here’s how it works:
- Do you need to de-clutter before you move? (most people do!)
- Shred company
- Electronics and technical move management
- Packing materials
- Measure interior spaces at new space (drawers, closets, etc.) for post-move organizing supplies
- Complete tour of the home or office
- Open all drawers, cupboards, closets, examine areas beneath beds/furniture
- Schedule de-clutter dates with Silk Touch team at least 2 weeks before packing dates
- All packing materials ordered and delivered day before packing begins
- Depending on size/scope of project anticipate 1-3 packing days with Silk Touch team
- Boxes labeled according to load-on to the truck and according to load-into the new space
Moving Day 1:
- Starts when Team leader meets movers at old space to ensure truck is packed according to unloading plan
- Team leader follows moving truck to new location
- Silk Touch team meets movers at new space within 2 hours of movers’ arrival (to give time to start unloading)
- Team begins unpacking
Unpack and Organize Days 3-4-5 (as needed):
- This is where the magic happens!
- Silk Touch team organizes your belongings into drawers, cupboards, kitchen area, closets, etc. using your supplies or supplies purchased during the Needs Assessment phases.
- Beds are made, linens put away, kitchen is organized, clothing is folded and hung, office is set-up... packing materials are gone.
- Like it never happened. Only now it is better!
We were introduced to Regina through our realtor when my parents suddenly fell ill and we had to move the stuff out of their home; they had lived there for 42 years and accumulated five bedrooms worth of furniture and just general stuff, and the task was daunting. Regina was communicative and honest every step of the way, and I coordinated with her and her administrative and operational manager, Mary, who was also communicative and fantastic. They were straightforward about the process, the price, and expectations.Their team was phenomenal – prompt, efficient, and they even came in under the estimate. Our team leader was Kayla, who was nothing short of sensational. She was honest, very detail-oriented about stuff that I should review before getting rid of or donating, and suggestive of potential items that may hold resale value. I feel that the entire team was absolutely honest as they found some “buried treasures” and brought them immediately to my attention. I felt very comfortable not being on site during the majority of the process as Kayla would text me pictures of items or call me to discuss procedures for other property that she encountered at the home. These people work extremely hard and are dedicated and honest, and I could not have asked for a better organization for this process. Highly highly highly highly recommended.
— Evan L, Sherman Oaks