Trust officers often face a variety of challenges when managing the estate of a deceased person. These challenges can include:
- Upkeep of the home: The trust officer must ensure that the deceased person’s home is properly maintained until it is sold or transferred to the beneficiaries. This can involve a variety of tasks, such as making repairs, paying bills, and arranging for landscaping and snow removal.
- Preparing the home for sale: If the deceased person’s home is going to be sold, the trust officer must make sure that it is in a presentable condition. This may involve decluttering, cleaning, and making necessary repairs. The trust officer may also need to hire a real estate agent to market and sell the property.
- Liquidation of tangible personal property: The trust officer must decide what to do with the deceased person’s tangible personal property. This property may include furniture, appliances, electronics, and other household items. The trust officer may sell the property, donate it to charity, or distribute it to the beneficiaries.
- Packing, moving, and unpacking: If the beneficiaries are moving to a new home, the trust officer may need to help them pack, move, and unpack their belongings. This can be a time-consuming and stressful process, and the trust officer can provide valuable assistance by coordinating with movers and helping the beneficiaries organize their belongings.
- Home safety: The trust officer must ensure that the deceased person’s home is safe and secure. This may involve making sure that the locks are changed, that the alarm system is activated, and that the property is properly insured.
Clear Path can partner with Trust Officers to provide comprehensive and compassionate support throughout the entire estate management process. Our team of experienced professionals can handle all aspects of the estate, including:
- Upkeep of the home: We can provide regular maintenance services, make necessary repairs, and pay all associated bills.
- Preparing the home for sale: We can declutter, clean, and stage the home for sale. We can also coordinate with a real estate agent to market and sell the property.
- Liquidation of tangible personal property: We can appraise, sell, or donate the deceased person’s tangible personal property. We can also help distribute the property to the beneficiaries.
- Packing, moving, and unpacking: We can arrange for movers, pack and unpack belongings, and help the beneficiaries organize their new home.
- Home safety: We can change locks, activate alarm systems, and ensure that the property is properly insured.
Clear Path is committed to providing Trust Officers with the cost-effective, transparent, and responsive service they need to successfully manage their clients’ estates. We offer a single point of contact for all estate-related matters, so you can be confident that your clients’ needs are being met. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.