Here is how simple we make moving to a new location. Just 4 steps: De-clutter, Pack, Unpack, Organize:
You’ve decided to make a change, or change has been thrust upon you. Working with the Silk Touch team will get you on track, and keep you on track from the beginning (starting with those junk drawers?) to the end (beds made, towels hung).
Silk Touch Moves and Relocations uses a proven 4-step formula to guarantee the best move ever. Since the physical part of moving is based on weight and volume, the Silk Touch team saves you money while we spend one day, or several:
- to de-clutter
- sort, donate or discard
- unnecessary and/or
- unused items and artifacts.
Packing and move coordination are part of the system. On the other end, the Team unpacks, and then organizes, the contents of home or office – clothes folded and hung, kitchen/common spaces organized, packing materials removed.
Here’s how it works:
- Do you need to de-clutter before you move? (most people do!)
- Shred company
- Electronics and technical move management
- Packing materials
- Measure interior spaces at new space (drawers, closets, etc.) for post-move organizing supplies
- Complete tour of the home or office
- Open all drawers, cupboards, closets, examine areas beneath beds/furniture
- Schedule de-clutter dates with Silk Touch team at least 2 weeks before packing dates
- All packing materials ordered and delivered day before packing begins
- Depending on size/scope of project anticipate 1-3 packing days with Silk Touch team
- Boxes labeled according to load-on to the truck and according to load-into the new space
Moving Day 1:
- Starts when Team leader meets movers at old space to ensure truck is packed according to unloading plan
- Team leader follows moving truck to new location
- Silk Touch team meets movers at new space within 2 hours of movers’ arrival (to give time to start unloading)
- Team begins unpacking
Unpack and Organize Days 3-4-5 (as needed):
This is where the magic happens!
Silk Touch team organizes your belongings into drawers, cupboards, kitchen area, closets, etc. using your supplies or supplies purchased during the Needs Assessment phases.
- Beds are made,
- linens put away,
- kitchen is organized,
- clothing is folded and hung,
- office is set-up
- packing materials are gone.
Like it never happened. Only now it is better!